BOTOX® Cosmetic is the most well-known treatment in the world for temporarily smoothing away crow’s feet, forehead lines, and furrows between the brows. It is a non-surgical, well-established, and effective approach to reducing the appearance of unwanted wrinkles.
Dr. Manios encourages patients to view BOTOX as a medical procedure as well as an aesthetic opportunity. Safe, effective outcomes rely on proper administration. In many practices, plastic surgeons relegate injections to their nurses. In others, doctors who lack extensive training in injectables or an in-depth understanding of deep-layer anatomy perform the procedure. Dr. Manios’s patients can have confidence that a skilled and experienced plastic surgeon will be conducting their treatment.
Dr. Christopher Manios, a Harvard and Stanford University-trained doctor, has dedicated his career to treatment with injectable solutions such as BOTOX. Walnut Creek and Pleasanton patients rely on his practice because of the expertise and attention to detail he brings to their care.
The Benefits of BOTOX
Walnut Creek and Pleasanton patients can receive BOTOX to treat:
- Crow’s Feet: Otherwise known as radial wrinkles, these lines form in the corners of the eyes and resemble a bird’s foot. Changes in the collagen and elastin in your face usually cause them to develop.
- Frown Lines: Frowning and squinting contract small muscles that form lines in the glabella (the area between your eyes on your forehead). These lines can become permanent over time, aging your appearance and giving you a sterner expression.
- Forehead Lines: Continually contracting the muscles in your forehead may result in horizontal lines to appear. These lines can also appear from genetics and sun exposure. As with crow’s feet and frown lines, when you age, these lines will become more prominent (and permanent) with persistent muscle contraction.
BOTOX treats crow’s feet and frown lines by relaxing the muscles beneath the skin that cause them to form. As a result, you should notice that lines and wrinkles either disappear or are significantly reduced for approximately 3 to 4 months. Treatment can prevent lines from becoming permanent.
Since BOTOX directly affects the underlying muscles, Dr. Manios can also use BOTOX for:
- Treating excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis) in the armpits and hands.
- Conducting non-surgical brow lifts.
- Improves the appearance of “gummy smiles”.
- Improves the appearance of smokers lines.
- Treats TMJ disorder.
Dr. Manios’s Approach with BOTOX
To achieve your desired outcome, your treatment should be in line with your needs and goals. Dr. Manios offers a collaborative, transparent, and comprehensive approach with BOTOX treatment for his patients in Walnut Creek and Pleasanton.
During your initial visit, Dr. Manios will talk with you about what you want to accomplish. Then, he will conduct a facial assessment, evaluate areas that BOTOX may improve, and answer your questions about the process and expected outcomes.
In treatment, Dr. Manios will reconsititue the BOTOX product in the room with you and explain his process along the way. He will usually start with the dose prescribed in the literature, which may be more conservative that you require. However, beginning at this level provides a safe and effective baseline.
Dr. Manios will ask you to take monthly photos at home so that you and he can review changes at the following visit. Based on these photos, he may recommend adjusting your dosage for one of several reasons:
- BOTOX should provide 3 to 4 months of benefits. If your treatments do not provide the longevity you are expecting, you may require an increased dose.
- After your initial dosage, there is a possibility that there may be facial asymmetry. During your treatment regiment, Dr. Manios will ask you to take pictures every month so that he may review them with you at your next appointment. During that appointment, if you are experiencing asymmetry, he will adjust the dosage in the affected area to create a symmetrical and beautiful look.
- Different patients have different goals, and Dr. Manios will adjust your treatment based on your specific goals. Some of Dr. Manios’s patients in Walnut Creek and Pleasanton prefer to have a lower dosage in order to have a greater range of movement in their expression; whereas other patients may prefer a higher dosage to stop the muscles from forming. Whatever your goals, Dr. Manios will develop a custom treatment plan just for you.
What You Can Expect with BOTOX
Following your treatment, you should notice that lines and wrinkles either disappear or are significantly reduced for up to 4 months. These improvements should take full effect about 7 to 14 days after the procedure. Lines and wrinkles that do not improve with BOTOX may instead benefit from dermal fillers.
Dr. Manios provides BOTOX to help patients age much more gracefully than they might without intervention. Patients should receive treatment on an ongoing basis to limit lines, wrinkles, and other signs of aging over time.
If you have noticed lines and wrinkles around your eyes or are exploring options for rejuvenating your appearance, you may be a good candidate for BOTOX. Walnut Creek and Pleasanton patients can schedule an appointment with Dr. Manios online or by phone at (925) 989-6560.
*Individual results may vary