When you make certain expressions, small muscles beneath the skin can cause lines to appear on your face. These lines may make you look older, less happy, or less energetic than you actually are.
Dr. Christopher Manios offers Walnut Creek and Pleasanton patients wrinkle treatment in response to these concerns. Through the use of BOTOX® Cosmetic, he is able to lessen or modify the contractions of targeted facial muscles, reducing the appearance of these lines and preventing them from becoming permanent.
BOTOX is a well-established and effective product, but the quality of its results depends on the skill of the practitioner. Walnut Creek and Pleasanton patients choose Dr. Manios for a variety of reasons, but one of the most important is that he brings a wealth of expertise to their care. Injectable solutions are the sole focus of his work, and as a plastic surgeon, he offers an extremely high level of training in aesthetics and anatomy. The result is more predictable and attractive outcomes.
The Benefits of Wrinkle Treatment
Walnut Creek and Pleasanton patients may be good candidates for wrinkle treatment with BOTOX if they have one of several concerns, including:
- Crow’s feet: These wrinkles form in the corners of the eyes and resemble a bird’s foot. The standard cause of their appearance is aging or hormonal changes that affect collagen and elastin.
- Frown lines: These lines appear in the glabella—the area between the eyes—and can make you appear as though you are unhappy or fatigued. BOTOX treatment can significantly reduce how prominent they are.
- Forehead: Horizontal lines that run across the forehead can age your appearance. BOTOX injections can help relax and diminish these lines.
Lines in other areas of the face may require dermal fillers rather than BOTOX. For example, dermal fillers are more appropriate for treating wrinkles just above the orbicularis muscle in the brow. Using dermal fillers will mitigate drooping, which BOTOX can cause in this area.
The product and approach that Dr. Manios recommends may differ depending on the patient’s goals and how well established the lines have become. At any stage of life, consistent and ongoing treatment is the best strategy for maintaining a younger appearance.
Dr. Manios’s Approach with Wrinkle Treatment
Expect your visit with Dr. Manios to be a comfortable and informative experience. During the appointment, Dr. Manios will talk with you at length about the goals you want to achieve, and he will conduct an extensive assessment to determine the best approach for your care.
Dr. Manios provides wrinkle treatment for Walnut Creek and Pleasanton patients based on their individual needs. The benefits of BOTOX are intended to last 3 to 4 months. To help patients get the best results for their needs:
- Dr. Manios will usually start with the dose described in the product literature.
- He will ask you to take several photos at the beginning of your treatment: some with your features relaxed and other photos as you are making the muscle movements that create the wrinkles.
- Dr. Manios will ask you to take monthly photos at home to track changes over time.
During follow-up visits, these photos will allow Dr. Manios to evaluate the longevity of treatments. He will use this information to customize your dosage for an optimal aesthetic result.
What You Can Expect with Wrinkle Treatment
Wrinkle treatment is a very common procedure with minimal discomfort and no downtime. You can plan to return to normal activities immediately after your appointment.
Dr. Manios typically asks Walnut Creek and Pleasanton wrinkle treatment patients not to wear makeup and to use only gentle facial cleansers the day of the procedure. Common side effects are mild swelling and bruising, but icing the area can reduce these concerns.
Results usually take full effect 1 to 2 weeks after the procedure, and wrinkle treatment typically provides patients with months of benefits; certain facial fillers can provide up to two years of rejuvenation. With regular visits to Dr. Manios’s practice, you should be able to enjoy a more youthful, rested, and happy appearance.
Reduce signs of aging in a graceful and non-invasive way. Walnut Creek and Pleasanton patients can learn more about wrinkle treatment by scheduling an appointment online or by phone at (925) 989-6560.