During your initial consultation with Dr. Manios, you will have extensive time to discuss what you’d like to achieve and to develop a plan based on your aesthetic vision. If your goals include a more defined jawline, getting rid of heavy jowls, and an overall firmer and fitter appearance, you may benefit from double chin treatment.
Dr. Manios offers Pleasanton patients KYBELLA®, an FDA-approved injectable product, to eliminate submental fullness. As part of this approach, Dr. Manios will advise you about the steps you should take and foods, medications, and behaviors to avoid during your treatment. Below are some common recommendations he shares with patients.
How to Prevent Bruising
Patients will receive a series of KYBELLA injections in the unwanted fat below their chin. Over several appointments, they should see a significant reduction of fullness in this area. Bruising is a common side effect of many injectables, including KYBELLA. By reducing bruising, patients can maintain a more natural-looking and aesthetic appearance after each office visit.
Here are a few ways that Pleasanton patients can prevent bruising following a double chin treatment:
- Stay away from wine (especially red wine) for seven days before an appointment. Drinking wine tends to increase the chances of bruising.
- Do not take anti-inflammatories during the week before you receive KYBELLA. It’s easy to overlook this since many over-the-counter pain medications have an anti-inflammatory component, so consult with Dr. Manios if you have questions about what you should and shouldn’t take.
- Don’t eat garlic for seven days before a double chin treatment. Garlic tends to increase the risk of bruising.
- Consider taking arnica. This natural herb has helped many of Dr. Manios’s patients limit post-treatment bruising.
- Get your workout in before you have KYBELLA. Exercise is great, but any activity that increases your blood pressure can also increase your odds of bruising. Instead of exercising after your treatment, Dr. Manios recommends that you work out beforehand or the next day.
How to Avoid Infection
Some simple steps can help Pleasanton patients limit their chances of infection after a double chin treatment:
- Men who have a beard should shave the area below their chin so that Dr. Manios can see the treatment site clearly. This will allow him to place injections accurately and expertly.
- Don’t apply makeup before your visit. Clean and clear skin promotes a healthier outcome with injectable treatments.
- Invest in a gentle facial cleanser. If you are taking proper care of your skin, you may already be following a routine that includes a daily facial cleanser. Unfortunately, many products have ingredients that can be harsh on the skin, cause irritation and, potentially, lead to infection. Manios can advise you about products that can help you avoid this problem.
By following these guidelines, you should be able to limit bruising, stay healthy, and enjoy the full benefits that KYBELLA offers.
Pleasanton patients can learn more about preparing for their double chin treatment during their initial consultation. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Manios online or by phone at (925) 989-6560.