Treatment with KYBELLA® can eliminate a double chin without requiring significant downtime or an intensive recuperation since it is an injectable approach rather than a surgical procedure. Your experience with Dr. Manios won’t include incisions, sutures, or general anesthesia. The fat that KYBELLA eliminates will be gone for good as long as you maintain your current weight, and your results will be noticeable and natural-looking.
After an initial treatment with KYBELLA, Pleasanton patients can expect the following.
KYBELLA works by breaking down the fat cells beneath your chin. Your body will absorb and eliminate the leftover parts of these cells over time. One sign that this process is taking place is swelling in the area of your injections, which may continue for 1-2 weeks after treatment.
Some of Dr. Manios’s Pleasanton patients report related symptoms, which include an area of firmness or a nodule in the treatment site. Both are completely normal and are effects of your body’s natural process to remove the fat cells that have been destroyed. Feel free to contact Dr. Manios if you have any concerns or questions about these symptoms.
Changes to Certain Daily Routines
Dr. Manios recommends that patients take specific steps after treatment with KYBELLA to improve their comfort, limit the chance of infection, and reduce inflammation:
- Don’t put on makeup the day of your procedure or for 24 hours afterward.
- Avoid lying down for several hours after your injections.
- Apply ice to your neck immediately after treatment with KYBELLA. Use ice on and off for the next couple of days.
- Over these two days, don’t take part in vigorous exercise. Raising your blood pressure can increase inflammation.
- Starting on Day 3, Dr. Manios may recommend that you take anti-inflammatory medication.
These steps should not limit your ability to participate in most normal day-to-day activities. As a result, KYBELLA is a much more convenient option than surgery for most of Dr. Manios’s Pleasanton patients.
KYBELLA is a multi-staged approach to eliminating a double chin. After the swelling from your first treatment has gone down, you’ll return for a follow-up visit, during which Dr. Manios will evaluate your results and target areas that need further fat reduction.
Some practitioners require six visits for a full regimen of KYBELLA. Typically, Dr. Manios only needs four visits to help Pleasanton patients get the results that they want:
- In your first and second visits, he will use KYBELLA to de-bulk the area below your chin.
- In your third and fourth visits, he will focus on contouring your features for a natural and attractive appearance.
Since each patient’s needs are different, Dr. Manios will talk with you during your initial consultation about the number of appointments you may require and the outcome you can expect: diminished fullness below the chin, less noticeable jowls, and a clearly defined jawline.
Learn more about treatment with KYBELLA and Dr. Manios’s approach to care. Pleasanton patients can schedule an appointment online or by phone at (925) 989-6560.